1. Establish and cultivate trust and good working relationships with client contacts.
a. Serve as a point of contact for prospective clients.
• At the request of Playfair Data Founder and Principal and/or Sr. Director of Operations, attend meetings with prospective new clients to discuss the scope of their needs and how Playfair Data might be able to help.
• Assist Sr. Director of Operations with preparing customized dashboard development and consulting proposals, working with other Playfair Data colleagues as needed to ensure proposals accurately reflect the human capital needed to fulfill any given scope of work.
b. Manage relationships with current and lapsed consulting clients.
• Check-in regularly with client contacts to ensure their needs have been or are being fulfilled. Identify additional partnership opportunities, and in consultation with Playfair Data Founder and Principal and/or Sr. Director of Operations, communicate those recommendations to the client for their consideration.
• Identify occasions to connect with client contacts to show Playfair Data’s appreciation for the relationship and their business.
• As appropriate, remain in contact and follow-up with former and lapsed clients to re-engage and identify new projects and partnership opportunities.
c. Document communications with prospects and clients in CRM database.
Percent of time: 25%
2. Provide direction and support to ensure consulting projects move forward in ways that are gratifying for all parties.
a. Facilitate successful consulting engagements, from beginning to end.
• Schedule, plan and communicate the agenda for and lead new project kick-off and other significant meetings to include Playfair Data and client stakeholders.
• Design efficient workflows and create impactful business solutions. Document, monitor and manage all projects in Trello, and any other project management tool, software or system preferred and utilized by Playfair Data clients.
• Organize cross-functional teams. Communicate and coordinate with contractors and Playfair Data employees to track and ensure they meet deadlines and fulfill deliverables, exceeding client expectation.
• Identify trends and use data to recommend solutions to business problems. Coordinate with Playfair Data Founder and Principal, Sr. Manager of Tableau Engineering and/or Sr. Manager of Tableau Architecture to report business intelligence insights to client throughout the duration of an engagement.
• Host discovery, development and feedback sessions with Playfair Data and client stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of an engagement to ensure client satisfaction and fulfillment of project goals. Provide project updates, present ideas, obtain feedback, and drive consensus.
• Proactively identify and negate risks and challenges, and quietly and quickly address and eliminate any problems or issues that may arise.
• Act as a client liaison and when necessary, an intermediary between the client and the Playfair Data technical team. Be able to initiate difficult conversations in order to move a client or project to an outcome satisfactory for all parties.
• Alert Sr. Director of Operations when a project is near completion.
• Document communications with prospects and clients in CRM database.
Percent of time: 50%
3. Champion Playfair Data’s world-class products, services and people.
a. Maintain a basic knowledge about dashboard development, data warehousing, data engineering and analytics, in general.
b. Promote Playfair Data within his/her circles of influence.
c. Promote positive collaboration between Playfair Data colleagues.
Percent of time: 5%
In addition to their Essential Functions, incumbent shall, in consultation with Playfair Data Founder and Principal, select and fulfill one or more of the following secondary functions. The incumbent shall always have a secondary function, however, they can choose to adjust their secondary function(s) throughout the duration of their employment with Playfair Data.
1. Business Development.
a. Grow Playfair Data’s pipeline of proposals and potential work.
• Move prospective clients through the sales and customer relationship cycle – Qualification > Proposal > Closing > Stewardship.
b. Identify opportunities and implement mechanisms for generating new leads.
2. Dashboard Development.
a. From conception to completion, create low to moderate complexity Tableau visualizations customized to the unique needs of Playfair Data’s diverse portfolio of clients.
3. Content Development.
a. Author blog content and/or team up with Playfair Data’s Creative Director to film videos for Playfair Data TV related to data visualization, analytics, Tableau Desktop, Tableau Prep and/or Tableau Server.
Percent of time: 20%
[ ] No specific requirements
[ ] High School diploma or equivalent
[ ] Associates degree
[X] Bachelors degree
[ ] Masters degree
[ ] PhD
[ ] Other ___________________________________
Related Work Experience
[ ] No Experience necessary / On-the-Job Training
[ ] 1 year experience
[X] 3 years experience
[ ] 5 years experience
[ ] 7 or more years experience
Would prior work experience in the same job be accepted in lieu of a degree? No
If so, how many years? N/A
Additional knowledge, skills, abilities or work experience, if any, necessary to complete the essential functions. He/she must:
• Conduct him/herself in a professional manner.
• Demonstrate a commitment to timeliness.
• Be reliable, responsive and conduct him/herself in a professional manner.
• Possess good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, and be able to mediate and interact effectively with a wide variety of personality types.
• Have excellent critical thinking skills, project-management skills, as well as be organized and capable of prioritizing, coordinating and delivering on multiple projects with and without the pressure of externally imposed deadlines.
• Be able to quickly and independently gain an understanding of different industries and individual companies, and their needs, organizational structure, culture and vernacular.
• Be discreet and able to maintain strict client and company confidentiality.
• Have the ability to use a computer keyboard and be able to tolerate repetitive motion and eye strain resulting from extensive utilization of computer hardware and software.
• Be able to lift at least thirty pounds, climb stairs, and stand and walk for long periods.
• Have a valid driver’s license and access to a car that can be used for work purposes.
• Post Covid-19, be willing and able to travel domestically for client and company meetings and events hosted across the United States.
• Have experience in people, account or project management.
• Have experience with Tableau Desktop, Tableau Prep or like data engineering tools (i.e. SQL workbench, Alteryx, etc.), Microsoft Excel, Trello or like kanban tools (i.e. JIRA, etc.), Tableau Server / Online, and GSuite products (i.e. Gmail, Google Drive, etc.).
• Possess existing U.S. work authorization (at this time, Playfair Data is unable to provide Visa sponsorships for any position).
Areas of Responsibility
[X] Yes [ ] No
If yes, describe: As project manager, a portion of incumbent’s time will be billable to Playfair Data clients.
[ ] Yes [ ] No [X] Optional
If yes, describe: This role may include some limited responsibility for procuring new business for Playfair Data.
Budget and Spending
[ ] Yes [X] No
If yes, describe:
[X] Yes [ ] No
If yes, describe: This role includes responsibility for the management of client relationships.
Complexity and Decision Making
[ ] Makes decisions regarding own work that typically has limited impact on client relationships, consulting projects, public and private training events, or the strategic business decisions and finances of Playfair Data.
[ ] Utilizes available data to make basic decisions regarding own work that may have some direct impact on client relationships, consulting projects, public and private training events, or the strategic business decisions and finances of Playfair Data.
[ ] Utilizes available data for decisions requiring analytical ability. Decisions have direct impact on client relationships, consulting projects, public and private training events, or the strategic business decisions and finances of Playfair Data.
[ X ] Creates, researches, and analyzes data not readily available for decisions having direct impact on client relationships, consulting projects, public and private training events, and the strategic business decisions and finances of Playfair Data.
[ ] Creates, researches, and analyzes data not readily available for complex decisions having direct impact on client relationships, consulting projects, public and private training events, and the strategic business decisions and finances of Playfair Data. May have direct impact on the strategic business and personnel decisions and finances of Playfair Data.
[ ] Makes decisions of significant scope requiring advanced analytical judgment. Decisions typically impact the strategic business and personnel decisions as well as the finances, mission, vision and future of Playfair Data.
To whom does this position report? Playfair Data Founder and Principal
Note: This job description includes most of the duties and responsibilities for which an employee will be held accountable. As the job evolves an employee should expect to complete other duties as assigned that may not be specifically listed above.
Review/Revision Date: October 23, 2020