1. From conception to completion, create moderate to high complexity Tableau visualizations customized to the unique needs of Playfair Data’s diverse portfolio of clients.
a. Establish and cultivate trust and good working relationships with client contacts.
b. Assist Director of Partner Engagement with new project kick-off meetings. Schedule, set and communicate the agenda for, and lead other significant project related meetings to include Playfair Data and client stakeholders.
c. Participate in the Discovery phase of Playfair Data’s Decision-Ready Dashboard framework to identify client business objectives and dashboard requirements.
d. Lead the Data Preparation, Dashboard Development, and Distribution phases of the Decision-Ready Dashboard framework.
• Shape data for use with Tableau. Provide solutions to data engineering needs, including validating, consolidating and cleaning data. As needed, provide recommendations on tools and systems for storing client data and improving their ETL processes.
• As appropriate, work with Creative Director to build design-centered wireframes that follow client brand and style guidelines.
• Conduct quality assurance throughout the project lifecycle to ensure the highest-level of data and user experience integrity.
• Support client efforts to push dashboard deliverables to production by publishing workbooks to Tableau Server or Tableau Online and automating data feeds.
e. Utilize various project management tools and software to track project milestones.
f. In collaboration with Director of Partner Engagement, host feedback sessions with client stakeholders throughout the development process to ensure client satisfaction and fulfillment of project goals.
g. Report business intelligence insights to client throughout the duration of an engagement.
• Identify trends and use data to recommend solutions to business problems.
• Find and suggest new opportunities for data collection and data visualization.
h. Upon the completion of a project, draft formal documentation to provide to clients detailing how to maintain and refresh their visualizations with new data. As requested, deliver screen-share or in-person demonstrations of dashboards to client leadership and other key stakeholders.
i. Track and record time spent on client communications and projects.
Other Important Functions
1. Author blog content and if inclined, team up with Playfair Data’s Creative Director to film videos for Playfair Data TV related to data visualization, analytics, Tableau Desktop, Tableau Prep and/or Tableau Server.
2. Evangelize Playfair Data’s world-class products, services and people.
a. Promote Playfair Data within his/her circles of influence.
b. Keep up to date and serve as a knowledgeable resource regarding Tableau’s latest features and pricing for Playfair team members and client stakeholders.
c. Maintain a basic knowledge about other data visualization tools (i.e. Power BI, etc.), as well as knowledge of data warehousing, engineering and analytics, in general.
d. Help the Director of Partner Engagement to prepare compelling project and engagement proposals and attend and assist with client pitches and other meetings, as requested.
e. Identify new opportunities, tools and practices for enhancing creativity, innovation, communication, efficiency and growth at Playfair Data.
f. Promote positive collaboration between the Tableau engineering team and other Playfair Data colleagues.
[ ] No specific requirements
[ ] High School diploma or equivalent
[ ] Associates degree
[X] Bachelors degree
[ ] Masters degree
[ ] PhD
[ ] Other ___________________________________
Related Work Experience
[ ] No Experience necessary / On-the-Job Training
[ ] 1 year experience
[X] 3 years experience
[ ] 5 years experience
[ ] 7 or more years experience
Would prior work experience in the same job be accepted in lieu of a degree? Yes
If so, how many years? 4 or more years
Additional knowledge, skills, abilities or work experience, if any, necessary to complete the essential functions. He/she must:
• Be reliable, responsive and conduct him/herself in a professional manner.
• Demonstrate a commitment to timeliness.
• Pay careful attention to detail, maintain accuracy and focus while working with data.
• Possess good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, and be able to interact effectively with a wide variety of personality types.
• Have excellent analytical skills, project-management skills, as well as be capable of working independently and prioritizing, coordinating and delivering on multiple projects with and without the pressure of externally imposed deadlines.
• Be able to quickly and independently gain an understanding of different industries and individual companies, and their needs, organizational structure, culture and vernacular.
• Be discreet and able to maintain strict client and company confidentiality.
• Have the ability to use a computer keyboard and be able to tolerate repetitive motion and eye strain resulting from extensive utilization of computer hardware and software.
• Be able to lift at least thirty pounds, climb stairs, and stand and walk for long periods.
• Be willing and able to travel domestically for client and company meetings and events hosted across the United States.
• Be adept in Tableau Desktop, Tableau Prep or like data engineering tools (i.e. SQL workbench, Alteryx, etc.), Microsoft Excel, Trello or like kanban tools (i.e. JIRA, etc.), Tableau Server / Online, and GSuite products (i.e. Gmail, Google Drive, etc.)
• Possess existing U.S. work authorization (at this time, Playfair Data is unable to provide Visa sponsorships for any position).
Areas of Responsibility
[X] Yes [ ] No
If yes, describe: A minimum of 90% of incumbent’s time (or an average of 35 hours per week) is expected to be billable to Playfair Data clients.
[ ] Yes [X] No
If yes, describe:
Budget and Spending
[ ] Yes [X] No
If yes, describe:
[ ] Yes [X] No
If yes, describe:
Complexity and Decision Making
[ ] Makes decisions regarding own work that typically has limited impact on client relationships, consulting projects, public and private training events, or the strategic business decisions and finances of Playfair Data.
[ ] Utilizes available data to make basic decisions regarding own work that may have some direct impact on client relationships, consulting projects, public and private training events, or the strategic business decisions and finances of Playfair Data.
[ ] Utilizes available data for decisions requiring analytical ability. Decisions have direct impact on client relationships, consulting projects, public and private training events, or the strategic business decisions and finances of Playfair Data.
[X] Creates, researches, and analyzes data not readily available for decisions having direct impact on client relationships, consulting projects, public and private training events, and the strategic business decisions and finances of Playfair Data.
[ ] Creates, researches, and analyzes data not readily available for complex decisions having direct impact on client relationships, consulting projects, public and private training events, and the strategic business decisions and finances of Playfair Data. May have direct impact on the strategic business and personnel decisions and finances of Playfair Data.
[ ] Makes decisions of significant scope requiring advanced analytical judgment. Decisions typically impact the strategic business and personnel decisions as well as the finances, mission, vision and future of Playfair Data.
To whom does this position report? Director of Analytics and/or Playfair Data Founder and Principal
Note: This job description includes most of the duties and responsibilities for which an employee will be held accountable. As the job evolves an employee should expect to complete other duties as assigned that may not be specifically listed above.
Review/Revision Date: September 22, 2021