University of Kansas | Edwards Campus
Overland Park, KSDirections
Kansas City | Advanced Tableau Training with Ryan Sleeper
About the Instructor
Ryan Sleeper is founder and principal consultant at Playfair Data and has consulted with many of the world’s best-known brands. He is author of the books, Practical Tableau (O’Reilly 2018) and Innovative Tableau (O’Reilly 2020), and has shared his data visualization strategies worldwide, including speaking engagements in London, Tokyo, Toronto, and Singapore. Ryan’s work in Tableau has earned him the titles of Tableau Zen Master, Tableau Global Iron Viz Champion, and Tableau Public Visualization of the Year author.
This ticket entitles you to:
- Full day of Tableau Desktop and data visualization training with Ryan Sleeper.
- Copy of Ryan’s forthcoming book, Innovative Tableau.
- Lifetime membership to Playfair Data TV, an online learning platform.
- Custom notebook and USB drive with the sample data set and other bonus material.
- Morning coffee, continental breakfast, networking lunch.
- Individual instruction and feedback during the hands-on exercises, and more.
A laptop and charger are required for this event.
Topics We Cover
Dashboards & StrategyWe’ll kick off the day by going beyond the drag and drop tactics as Ryan shares the strategies and storytelling techniques he uses at Playfair Data to help your dashboards cause action within your organization.
Advanced ChartsNext, we’ll leave Show Me in the rearview mirror and you’ll learn how to make several chart types developed by the instructor himself. More importantly, you’ll hear behind the scenes context on how they were developed and even tips for creating your own unique visualizations.
Advanced Author ExperienceRyan shares several of his favorite tips & tricks to improve your experience as an author including working with dates, getting the most from text, and how to do easier filtering.
Advanced User ExperienceRyan shares several of his favorite tips & tricks to improve your users’ experience including how to make Tableau do some of the analysis, ideas for swapping clickable elements, and some of our favorite dashboard elements.
- The Master Class has proven to help even the most experienced power users level up their expertise with Tableau and UX dashboard design.
- Proprietary curriculum designed from scratch.
- Combination of tactical Tableau training, data storytelling, design theory, and data visualization strategy.
- Hands-on exercises with personal feedback and instruction.