Humber College | Lakeshore Campus
Toronto | Tableau Training with Ryan Sleeper Event
About the Instructor
Ryan Sleeper is founder and principal consultant at Playfair Data and has consulted with dozens of the world’s best-known brands. He is author of the book Practical Tableau: 100 Tips, Tutorials, and Strategies from a Tableau Zen Master and has shared his data visualization strategies worldwide, including speaking engagements in London, Tokyo, Toronto, and Singapore. Ryan has the unique distinction of being one of only 34 current Tableau Zen Masters in the world, one of ten Tableau Iron Viz champions in the world, and one of four Tableau Public Visualization of the Year authors.
This ticket entitles you to:
- Two days of Tableau Desktop and data visualization training with Ryan Sleeper
- Printed copy of Ryan’s book, Practical Tableau
- Lifetime membership to Playfair Data TV, an online learning platform
- Custom notebook and USB drive with the sample data set and other bonus material
- Morning coffee, continental breakfast, networking lunch
- Individual instruction and feedback during the 20+ hands-on exercises, and more
All prices are USD.
A laptop and charger are required for this event.
Topics We Cover
Tableau & Data Visualization FundamentalsWe’ll start from the beginning and learn how to connect to data, cover Tableau Desktop fundamentals, discuss the science behind why data visualization works, and practice making some of the most effective chart types.
Technical Feature Deep DivesAfter learning the essentials, we’ll discuss many of the technical aspects of Tableau Desktop such as custom calculations, parameters, and sets and how they can be used in real-world applications to help you get the most out of the software.
Dashboards & StrategyWe’ll tie together the examples built in the first two sessions by building dashboards. Then Ryan will share the strategies and storytelling tactics he uses at Playfair Data to help your dashboards cause action within your organization.
Advanced Tableau TrainingBe the know it all at your office. During this session, you’ll learn how to better control your data, tips for improving the performance of your dashboards, the ins and outs of several advanced chart types, and some of Ryan’s favorite tricks.
- Proven to help new or beginning Tableau users become proficient in the software in a matter of hours.
- Experienced instructor who has trained thousands of users.
- Proprietary curriculum designed from scratch.
- Combination of tactical Tableau training, data storytelling, design theory, and data visualization strategy
- Over 20 hands-on exercises with personal feedback and instruction