Tableau Training with Ryan Sleeper Event Sep 2020
About the Instructor
Ryan Sleeper is founder and principal at Playfair Data and has consulted with many of the world’s best-known brands. He is author of the books, Practical Tableau (O’Reilly 2018) and Innovative Tableau (O’Reilly 2020), and has shared his data visualization strategies worldwide, including speaking engagements in London, Tokyo, Toronto, and Singapore. Ryan’s work in Tableau has earned him the titles of Tableau Zen Master, Tableau Global Iron Viz Champion, and Tableau Public Visualization of the Year author.
This ticket entitles you to:
- 12 hours of Tableau Desktop and data visualization training with Ryan Sleeper.
- Lifetime membership to Playfair Data TV, an on-demand learning platform ($450 value).
- Instruction and feedback during the 20+ hands-on exercises.
- Access to professionally-produced, HD video and audio live stream during the event.
- Dedicated support from Playfair Data team member who will provide resources throughout the course.
- Materials package including sample data, custom images, an eBook, and more.
A license (or trial license) of Tableau Desktop software is required for this event and not included. For the best experience, we recommend a high-speed internet connection and second monitor.
Topics We Cover
Tableau & Data Visualization FundamentalsWe’ll start from the beginning and learn how to connect to data, cover Tableau Desktop fundamentals, discuss the science behind why data visualization works, and practice making some of the most effective chart types.
Technical Feature Deep DivesAfter learning the essentials, we’ll discuss many of the technical aspects of Tableau Desktop such as custom calculations, parameters, and sets and how they can be used in real-world applications to help you get the most out of the software.
Dashboards & StrategyWe’ll tie together the examples built in the first two sessions by building dashboards. Then Ryan will share the strategies and storytelling tactics he uses at Playfair Data to help your dashboards cause action within your organization.
Advanced Tableau TrainingBe the know it all at your office. During this session, you’ll learn how to better control your data, tips for improving the performance of your dashboards, the ins and outs of several advanced chart types, and some of Ryan’s favorite tricks.
- Proven to help new or beginning Tableau users become proficient in the software in a matter of hours.
- Proprietary curriculum designed from scratch.
- Combination of tactical Tableau training, data storytelling, design theory, and data visualization strategy.
- Over 20 hands-on exercises with personal feedback and instruction.